“The future of work in field service will require both digital transformation and business model change in areas such as technician bots, digitally augmented subcontractors and outcome-based contracts. Application leaders will need to lead evolution in areas that have remained unchanged for decades.”
It is helpful for application leaders and their field service leader counterparts to envision how adopting different processes, technologies or business models that are more mature in other industries could improve their organization.
For this, we believe, Gartner identifies four potential long term operating scenarios to help application leaders uncover how similar their aspirations and needs may be to other FSP organizations, even in other industries.
- Equipment-centric; Certified expert focused on complex equipment, telemetry and regulations
- Appointment-centric; Technician focused on personal interaction and scalable efficiency
- Knowledge-centric; Servicer has protected IP or access to closed parts of equipment or system
- Outcome-centric; Technician is a proxy to the owner with a financial interest in outcomes
Download this Gartner report to:
- Determine which of four future scenario(s) align with your organization.
- Prioritize your digital and process transformation roadmap by using peers in industries that fit your selected future business scenario(s) as reference guides.
- Assess your organization’s maturity, especially in areas such as data acquisition and analysis tools, access, mobile apps, integrations and business models.
- Use competitive intelligence to justify adding labor resources that will help you adopt Gartner’s suggested new approaches and technologies now, before competitors take them.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner, The Future of Field Service Management, 6 December 2019, Jim Robinson, Kristian Steenstrup